Here are some pics of my "Fall Leaves" quilt that I finished today. It is done in all batik fabrics and measures 56" x 70". The leaves are machine appliqued in place after I fused them to the top. I then quilted it on my longarm using a swirling pattern for the background to give it some movement. I've been working on this one for several months, glad to finally get it through!
Friday, October 29, 2010
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Here are some pics of a whirlygig quilt that I just finished quilting and binding for someone. I don't know who the maker of the top was, other than that it was someone in her family. It measures 62" x 84". I choose to do a simple medium sized meandering pattern on it since I thought a repeating pantograph pattern would detract from the splendid piecing that the maker did. I like how it turned out, and love giving new life to old tops like this.