Saturday, December 20, 2014
Here's a couple of pics of a quilt that I just finished quilting for a customer. It's from a fabric line called "Little Black Dress", and is a Carpenter's Wheel pattern. The lady that made the quilt top is new to quilting, she's only made a handful of quilts, but her work is perfection - she's the kind of quilter that I look forward to quilting for because her work is precise and I don't have any issues when quilting it for her. When she dropped the top off to me, the only instructions she had was that she wanted some feathers quilted in it, so I used that as my design point in doing the quilting. I'm really pleased with how it turned out, hope she likes it, too!
Sunday, November 30, 2014
Working on a commissioned t-shirt quilt today for a customer which will be a Christmas gift for their daughter. They wanted it to be in BHS colors, so I used maroon and black fabrics for the sashings and borders, and gray thread for the quilting. Go Panthers!
Sunday, November 9, 2014
Friday, November 7, 2014
Here's a couple of pics of a quilt that I finished quilting for a customer this evening. It's large (king size) at 100" square, and heavily quilted. I like quilts with a lot of quilting in them since it gives it a lot of texture. The quilt pattern that the customer used is called "Prairie Rose" by Jo Morton. This is actually the second one of these that I've quilted, and I quilted them both the same way.
Friday, October 10, 2014
Here's a pic of a wall hanging that I finished last night called "Crows In The Pumpkin Patch". In measures 39" x 39" and has a little bit of everything in it - homespuns, flannels, wool, and regular cotton fabrics. Now to get it up on the wall. Happy Fall, y'all! :)
** click on pic for a closer view **
Sunday, September 14, 2014
Below are some pics of a quilt that I just finished quilting for a customer. It's a Christmas theme quilt with appliques of poinsettias and partridges. The applique work is expertly done and the black background really makes everything pop on it. The vast majority of the time spent on this one was in simply quilting the black background - there's lots of it and it is densely quilted. Around the stars I did a small stipple, and around the applique blocks I did echo quilting. In the large black open areas I did a floral design, followed by more echo quilting. The stars were quilting with a variegated thread, and then I did a little quilting on the appliques themselves, just enough to hold the areas together since I didn't want the quilting to overtake the applique work. This is a big quilt, it measures 104" square and I think it turned out really nice.