Below are some pics of a quilt that I finished quilting today for my wife, Melissa. She appliqued all those melon shapes on by hand, and I got to say that she's a more patient person than I would be. I echo quilted around the melon shapes in the white background to accentuate their shape, then did stylized curls on each melon and finished it off with a swirling design in the border.
Monday, December 28, 2015
Sunday, December 13, 2015
Here's a couple of pics of another old quilt top that I finished quilting and binding for a customer today. This one was in good shape considering its age and laid pretty flat while quilting it. Glad to see another quilter's effort from so many years ago finally finished.
Friday, December 11, 2015
Saturday, November 28, 2015
Below are a couple of pics of a customer's vintage quilt that I finished quilting and binding for her today. The top was made by her grandmother and the fabrics appear to be from the 1930s/1940s, so this quilt top is about 70-80 years old. When machine quilting old tops like this, there's often a lot of extra fullness in the blocks, wavy seams, etc., since they didn't have our modern and accurate cutting equipment and techniques of today. This one was a pretty wavy top, but I managed to work a lot of that out by doing a meandering pattern of quilting on it - I worked the machine with my right hand while easing fullness in with my left. I think it turned out really nice looking and it's now finally finished as the original quilter had hoped all those decades ago.
Thursday, November 26, 2015
Monday, November 23, 2015
Below are some photos of a customer's quilt that I finished quilting for her today. The pattern she used to make the top is called "Amish With A Twist II" by Nancy Rink. It's king sized at 105" x 105" square, so was pushing the limits of my frame on the width. I used a separate, denser quilting pattern on the borders since they were solid pieces of fabric to give them more dimension. I really like this quilt, very colorful and interesting to look at.
Friday, November 20, 2015
Saturday, November 7, 2015
Wednesday, November 4, 2015
Below are some pics of my quilt that I finished recently. I started this quilt back in 2011, so it's been a while in the making. It's based on the William Morris-inspired pattern called "Friends" by Michele Hill. The original quilt didn't include the outer border, so it was only 72" square. I wanted my version to be larger, so I designed the outer border to go on it which made it about 100" square. I then quilted it on my Gammill longarm and added the green decor trim around the various border areas. Glad to have this one done finally.
Sunday, November 1, 2015
Below are some pics of a quilt that I finished quilting for a customer this afternoon. It's a very modern style quilt, which is a style that I'm not that accustomed to quilting. But I think it turned out nice looking. There's a lot of ruler work in this one, so was pretty time consuming. The quilt pattern itself is called "Picnic Petals" by Sheri Cifaldi-Morrill.
Sunday, October 25, 2015
Here are a couple of photos of a commissioned quilt that I finished last night for a customer. It measures about 100" square so is king sized. I made it with the "Everything Blue II" line of fabrics by Marsha McCloskey, and I then quilted it on my Gammill longarm marchine. Now to get it in the mail to her!