Sunday, March 17, 2013

A quilt that was a "challenge"...

I was the challenge chairman last year in two of the guilds that I'm in, and the challenge was a block-of-the-month using block patterns from the 1890s.  The patterns were offered in 12" and 9" sizes, and I decided to do mine in the larger 12" size.  We also offered an optional 13th block for those who wanted to set their blocks on point, which I did.  Below is my rendition of the challenge quilt.  I decided to do a pieced border on it as well, so it took some mathematics to get that to come out right.  I'm very pleased with how it all turned out, and the challenge was a big success, a lot of people participated in it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment