Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A stair stepping quilt...

A co-worker asked me to make her a quilt a few months ago.  She's a great cheerleader for my love of quilting, so it was fun getting to work on a quilt for her.  We tossed around a lot of ideas about a color palette and settled on the fabric lines of the designer Kansas Troubles.  Their rich, deep tones are beautiful, and I really like how they look in this quilt.  The pattern itself is a stair stepping one, with the colors of the quilt creating a diagonal pattern.  This is a king size quilt, so quite large at 102" x 102".  The backing has a beautiful gold fabric from the KT "Summer's End" line.  Thank you, Janet, for letting me create this quilt for you!

*click on a pic for a larger view*



 

3 comments:

  1. it's beautiful! king size - wow! stippled? great job AS ALWAYS Eddie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW The quilt is more than Beautiful! I've been meaning and wanting to make a nine patch similar striped quilt, but i am more Inspired by yours!
    It is really beautiful, both colors and pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just now saw this!!! The pleasure was definitely all mine!!!! I get so many compliments on it!!!

    ReplyDelete